PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2010, 21:54
Nuthinondaclock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a try on......

Just my take on it but I reckon Jet* are trying one on here. They might be talking it up but I reckon it’s odds on that they will lose at FWA and they know it. They don’t care though.

If they get away with it then it sends a message that no-one stands out of line and it helps pave the way for their lower-Low Cost operation out of Singapore. A potential big win for them.

If they lose, all they have do is re-instate Joe, pay him what in relative terms for them is small bucks and they’re back to where they were beforehand. Yeah, they've lost a small battle, but they’ve still made life very uncomfortable for one bloke by dragging him and his family through hell so it still stands as a warning to anyone else who shows dissent. It achieves the same thing, just at a different cost. They think they’re being smart but these actuaries and accountants are effing thick how they fail to realise how much good-will and high morale in their pilot ranks can save them. Their valuation of the dollar worth of this is wrong and come the revolution they’ll be up against the wall right behind CEO’s and IR Consultants!

Back to Joe;
The best thing we can all do to help Joe, so that at least he doesn’t suffer the financial stress Jet* has attempted to impose on him, is to donate now if you haven’t already done so.