PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 27th Nov 2010, 18:38
midman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dingbaticus
It is true I was unhappy at the way the fraud policy was changed but the change was not explained to me in the calm logical non aggressive words of Dexters Laboratory. Instead I was subjected to boasts that it would be changed as a’ reward’ for ‘Backing BA’.
The fraud policy was never changed, it was reemphasised at one stage by BA as there had been some reports of 'misselling' of upgrades by ground staff. This was jumped upon by some militants as a method of getting back at pilots who used their right to control who sits where on their aircraft.
The resulting complaints to management of 'fraud' were not dealt with well by IFS managers who just repeated the 'no fraud' mantra. When they passed cabin crew complaints to Flight Ops management, they were told it was within the Captain's authority, and no action would be taken. When a cabin crew member then complained in writing to Asset Protection, a full clarification was made available, ensuring no doubt existed about the ability of the Captain to make seating changes once the doors are shut. There was never a boast from anyone about "Backing BA" bestowing extra privileges on pilots, there were merely accusations of such on cf and other forums.

Altogether a totally self-inflicted problem, created by a few militants looking to right the wrongs they felt had been imposed on them.
I admit this was provocative to me, as I felt you are supposedly fellow trade Unionists breaking the fundamental principle of trade Unionism – the right to take part in legally voted for Industrial Action. You may claim to be an ‘Association’ but you are part of the TUC...
I do not consider myself a trades unionist, and nor, I believe, do the vast majority of my colleagues.

As both parties being suspended, I am referring to a move to end the petty suspensions such as Andrea Molton’s which resulted in public embarrassment to the Company at a sensitive time. She was fast tracked through the system to reinstate her yesterday, which will now understandably infuriate those still suspended. We need to stop the mad merry go round if we are to end hostilities.
Not all suspensions are petty - you hear one side of the dismissal on cf etc but not the full picture that the Unite agreed disciplinary procedure will make evident.
I'm sure the person who gave me an hour of foul mouthed abuse, swearing and threats would have claimed total innocence.