PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 27th Nov 2010, 11:45
AV Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LD12986
Tony Woodley will still be in situ for another year so Len will not be the sole Gen Sec yet, so regardless of the sabre rattling I would not assume a change in strategy at the top because of Len's election.
If the above is true then there was no reason for TW to delay approaching BA pending the outcome of the Unite election so TW must be prevaricating.

The so-called counter offer that DH has bullied TW into agreeing to deliver back to BA is no such counter offer at all rather it is an "if you will concede yet further on the following issues then we will not call a strike ballot and will continue pushing for even more concessions until you eventually restore all conditions prior to this dispute and we will have secured our power base back" and TW knows it only too well.

TW also knows that, having moved considerably on ST and disciplinaries, BA is not going to move one further millimetre as he stated to DH this is your best offer. I suspect he will placate DH and take his non counter-offer back to BA just so DH can hear the "hell no!" back from BA and then the big Union internal fight and fireworks can begin.

DH has to convince LM/TW/(DS?) to call a strike ballot on some issue or other..........

My guess would be this is what LM's survey of CC for BA's alleged bullying and harrassment tactics is all about in order to be able to call a ballot over something different and thus claim another 12 weeks of protection. Does anyone know if specifically BA's alleged B & H tactics used against the Union's poor and defenseless militant members was part of the previous action?

Last edited by AV Flyer; 28th Nov 2010 at 01:47.