PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 27th Nov 2010, 11:22
The Blu Riband

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I felt you are supposedly fellow trade Unionists breaking the fundamental principle of trade Unionism – the right to take part in legally voted for Industrial Action. You may claim to be an ‘Association’ but you are part of the TUC and you will note in my ‘documentation’ I do not continually scream, like many Cabin Crew, for your removal from the TUC.
I am an individual with my own views and ideas. I always endeavour to find out the facts without getting carried away by ranting rhetoric or mob rule. Nor am I an active trade unionist.

I am a member of Balpa which IS an association, and a member of the TUC.
I am proud of the work Balpa conducts for the good of all of us , particularly regarding ftl's and safety standards generally. I have rarely been more proud than when Jim Macauslan spoke against the call for unrest and general strikes at the TUC conference.

The difference between the work Balpa does, and the level of commitment and professionalism of its reps, and the shambles that is Bassa, is truly indescribable.

The knowledge and endeavour that has gone into successive pension changes attests to that.

terms and conditions, as that was what we were fighting for.
Not according to the courts.

I'm glad that Andrea was reinstated so quickly. That a complaint was made was unfortunate and would have to be investigated. I'm reassured that BA's procedures are sound.

CSD was investigated under the fraud policy
And no action was taken!