PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 26th Nov 2010, 23:14
Dingbaticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Blu Riband, you accuse me of pressurising managers over the fraud policy – as this is a public forum I won’t be too specific but a CSD was investigated under the fraud policy for upgrading a staff passenger and feared the loss of their job. Like many CSDs, I was given written and verbal instructions regarding upholding the policy from my manager. Are you now claiming you have read my ess messages too?

As I am so ‘well documented’ you will know that I urged crew who complained about staff being given jumpseats or pilots using First for their rest that we should respect your terms and conditions, as that was what we were fighting for.

It is true I was unhappy at the way the fraud policy was changed but the change was not explained to me in the calm logical non aggressive words of Dexters Laboratory.

Instead I was subjected to boasts that it would be changed as a’ reward’ for ‘Backing BA’. I admit this was provocative to me, as I felt you are supposedly fellow trade Unionists breaking the fundamental principle of trade Unionism – the right to take part in legally voted for Industrial Action. You may claim to be an ‘Association’ but you are part of the TUC and you will note in my ‘documentation’ I do not continually scream, like many Cabin Crew, for your removal from the TUC.

As for both parties being suspended, I am referring to a move to end the petty suspensions such as Andrea Molton’s which resulted in public embarrassment to the Company at a sensitive time. She was fast tracked through the system to reinstate her yesterday, which will now understandably infuriate those still suspended. We need to stop the mad merry go round if we are to end hostilities.

Rape is a police matter and requires arrest, not suspension.

The postings made by Dingbaticus on this site are my own thoughts, feelings and beliefs and don’t necessarily represent my employers positions, strategies or opinions