PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Training in Brazil
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2010, 09:59
flyingswiss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well that makes sense, if you do your IFR training and then you work as a crop duster pilot, you won't see any instrument condition at all, you get rusty and even forget things...when I was instructing I went one year without flying IMC in a real plane, just FTD, when I went back to it I was probably not that good at it, it took me several hours to get back where I was before.

What you are saying about airline pilot oriented training will be needed here. just look at Europe, pilots get hired with really low time so there was the need to set up a specific way of teaching so that they could adapt to the MC environment easier. All the European Airline programs for their Cadets and Professional Pilot programs are based on flying crew, they have even adapted ck lists to look like an airliner flow, in some places the instructor even flies in the back at the last training stages.

Between 2006-2008 when US regional carriers started hiring 250TT pilots, they would send the new hired back to flight school, even pilots with 800-1000 would have to do the same (I saw a guy with 3500TT having to do this, probably he flew SE before). At flight school they would start an intense crew oriented FTD, flight training (on a light twin, flying profiles like the airlines do...) and simulator orientation (my school had an ERJ 145 for that)...

I think this would be a valid option for Brazil, if the industry keep growing there will be more and more low timers stepping into jet airliners....but will be the airlines willing to pay for it?