PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transport Canada M1/M2 to EASA B1?
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2010, 23:48
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, I forgot that flavour of the A C D G letters, pertaining to France (in alphabetic order). Maybe I talked too much about Spanish speaking countries past year.

I'll try to use the phrase 'relevant NAA', to avoid the confusion with UK CAA.

Now that UK CAA have been screwing things up for pilots, it's about time to bother AME training as well.

Over the past two, three weeks, we've been told by the lecturers that we are (many already had it done) using the books that have practice revision questions - obviously, to test acquired knowledge from the lectures, so it has to be removed from the books, else the ICAT part-147 approval for B1 gets pulled.
Very, very bluntly. On what grounds? Some past (MEANING graduated), very likely Malaysian, oops, my PC goes to bin (majority of us there are non-British anyway), sent ILLEGAL recording of lecture moaning to UK CAA about whatever.

So, we're told that recording is illegal, but yet UK CAA acts on grounds of illegal dubious recording/claim and telling ICAT to remove the practice questions from books (small number compared to the whole QB). The fact that the books are in fact property of students from past year first years including, part of Uni of Glamorgan fees (UoG and Barry's ICAT course), matters nothing.

Nor the fact that the teaching materials changed a little since the approval was granted, nor the fact that Kroes/Wild or Dingle/Tooley books etc etc have all revision questions, just as EVERY OTHER part-147 B1 training estabilishment.

So, students at ICAT are being punished and unfairly treated by UK CAA unilaterally, threatening to pull the approval. The removal of questions started week ago.

I'd like to hear of that kind of retarded unfair behaviour towards other colleges that does not hold any water, no real reasoning behind.
Oh, it is claimed in that 'anonymous' whistleblowing crap (and I use the term very loosely) that lecturers teach students to pass the exams, with the practice questions.
OH IS THAT SO? We're on the course NOT TO PASS the exams???

What the is that then?

What about all the ATPL theory training schools, residential or distance study?
They've got pretty much whole question banks, including very effective feedback, yet nothing of this sort of unfair threatening and ordering from UK CAA? How come? Unlike the engineering theory students, they can pass the exams by rote learning of questions and answers. There is no such thing in part-66 training. The questions are not published. The practice questions circulating online aren't all and many have poor wording and wrong asnwers as correct, as anyone could see.

It's not just about making backup of the revision and letting the college to cut it out, it's about principle. They've got nothing real and serious to deal with or what?

Crying out and threatening college/students that something that was OK and known in the past suddenly isn't OK? Especially for one and only college because of unauthorised recording sent out by anonymous graduate that had some chip on shoulder with some lecturers?

I've been off sick recently, so haven't had my books trimmed yet. I feel like refusing this nonsense (agreed on by lecturing staff as well, but hey, they do what they're told by upper ICAT management, who do what they're told by UK CAA, whatever rubbish it is), seeing if the college would actually sack me from the course.

Which is officially run by University of Glamorgan, that subcontracts it to Barry College's ICAT, who have part-147 approval.

Or maybe we should all bow, put the head down and take all the bollocking from UK CAA there is, as they can do what they please, innit? To save the headache, ICAT jobs etc?

I guess I should start new topic in engineering forum about this, to let everyone see this nonsense.