PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 25th Nov 2010, 14:05
Dingbaticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Blu Riband, in post 1447 you refer to a campaign to undermine Captains authority leading to off loads and suspensions and my well documented problem with it during my flights.

I have never been offloaded as, like many of my colleagues, I laminated and highlighted the fraud policy our managers wished us to enforce and the majority of Captains were understanding. It is true I chuckled at a couple of reactions that I will not describe on a public forum, which I believe is more appropriate than running to the bullying and harassment police at every perceived slight.

You decry BASSA for making things too personal but I believe this is a two way street, not at board or management level but lower down the food chain. I hold my hands up to being a part of the downward spiral of relations, we are employed because we posses character traits such as passion so don’t be surprised when something makes us mad we defend ourselves with mad passion.

Recent posts on PPRuNe portray those who took strike action as herds of thugs roaming the savannah of the CRC brandishing yellow pens as weapons to bully and intimidate those who went to work. I have searched the CRC for evidence of these frightening gangs but could not find them – perhaps being winter they have gone into hibernation?

Not only do I believe this is illegal, rather than helping the Company it risks creating a destructive civil war. Every time I think I have made headway and CRM is improving there are more suspensions, the latest one being Andrea Molton for collecting donations for Santascrew. Andrea’s heart is as big as her mouth and she kindly took to raising funds to give the children of the sacked and suspended a good Christmas. (Incidentally, this suspension and Santascrew website is now featured on Hardeep Kohli Singh’s FacePPRuNe page and I believe the donations have now topped 10K.)

If we are not to implode the mad merry go round has to stop, the perception that the vocal are being targeted is incensing the Cabin Crew community and risks any chance of a peace settlement. Dexters Laboratory is bang on about the lack of dialogue and input from members such as myself has contributed to the length and bitterness of this dispute. I am hopeful that with Len and Keith Williams taking their respective driving seats we have the chance of a fresh start. However if the draconian suspensions of the vocal continues then I fear things will simmer over before they even have the chance to sit down together.

Yes, bullying is unacceptable and the victims need to report it but I believe reporting every slight or difference of opinion ties up management resources, detracts from the suffering of real victims and risks plunging us into a serious civil war. This not only threatens CRM but our Company and its future.

I believe that when issues require suspensions then BOTH parties must be suspended. This will ensure the petty squabbles stop and our managers can deal with the issue quickly and fairly.

The postings made by Dingbaticus on this site are my own thoughts, feelings and beliefs and don’t necessarily represent my employers positions, strategies or opinions

Edited: To change font and size for readability.