PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Expressions of Interest for urinals to be installed in 737 cockpits
Old 25th Nov 2010, 08:55
SIUYA

Received 81 Likes on 25 Posts
WOW!

The DGCA said in their findings, that the first officer probably had no clue how to tackle this kind of emergency. He had not put on his seat harness. The jet upset exercise is carried out in simulator checks only in manual mode and is not done with autopilot engaged. The first officer was not involved in any prior incident.

In their safety recommendations the DGCA said, appropriate action should be taken against both crew members, and the pilot training curriculum should be reviewed.
FARK.

IMHO, appropriate acion ought to ALSO be taken against the relevant personnel in the Indian DGCA who approved the "so-called" pilot training curriculum in the first place! Like line the bastards up against a wall and shoot them! And RFN (Right fcuking now), before they expose anyone else to such EXTREME and totally unnescessary risk.

For chrissakes, where's aviation headed these days??

I hope like Christ that aviation training in Australia NEVER EVER EVER EVER plumbs the depth of the total and absolute incompetence displayed by both Air India Express and the Indian DGCA in this matter.

Bloody IDIOTS!

Fortunately my faith in Australian aviation remains intact from the perspective of the totally outstanding job that was performed by the crew of the recent QF A380 'event'.

Christ only knows what would have happened if the same thing had happened to an Air India Express aircraft! Almost certainly a bloody great big smoking hole in the ground I reckon.