PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 24th Nov 2010, 22:42
Diplome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you please stop the prevaricating regarding motivation just because someone decided to use children as a political tool?

The latest posting from "Santa's Crew".:

Today I sit here typing this still in the disbelief of what has happened to Andrea Molton. I couldn't sleep last night. My mind was in unrest thinking about how someone with such a heart of gold be suspended for collecting donations for children this Christmas whilst the real criminals of this world reward themselves with large pay rises and bonuses at the expense of others? They say that 'every action has a reaction' and in this case it couldn't be more true. By suspending Andrea the news has spread around the world and we are receiving so many message of support. Mr. Walsh has his millions of pounds to try and break us but his money can not buy one thing we all have and that is our love, respect and compassion for others.You see, 'love' radiates outwards. It reaches out and embraces life. It unites people no matter what their circumstances may be. It's something we all have inside and something we are willing to share.
With this in mind I am pleased to announce that we have exceeded our £10,000 target. Today, via Bassa, we have received a donation of £5,500 from the 'hardship' fund. The hardship fund is monies sent by many private individuals, unions and other organisations from around the world. We would like to thank them all for their kind generosity and wish them all a Happy Christmas too.
The same anti-Walsh rhetoric...its simply a game.

If this group really cared about involving all in BA it would have been a fund for the children of ALL BA Cabin Crew going through difficulty at this time of the year...but it wasn't. No accountability, no specifics, its just another BASSA game...those "guerilla tactics" Mr. Holley spoke of, they are just willing to involve children in the serious business of this dispute.

I can find no information regarding individuals responsible for making sure funds are disbursed appropriately...only a "positions filled" statement.

I'm sure there are individuals that have been suspended and/or dismissed that are having hard times financially. It is unfortunate that their children may suffer the effects of their parent's conduct. But surely, if you were really caring about BA children it would be a company-wide plea, and not just for those select few (and they are very few).

Issues such as this only make me more thankful for the honorable and hard working Union representatives I know that truly do work for the benefit of their members.

...and I will add that if this had been a plea for all children of BA employees going through hardships at this time of the year, if those accountable for the distribution of the funds had been named and there was some sort of accountability in place, I would probably have contributed, and I'm not "BA".

This is just sad.

Last edited by Diplome; 24th Nov 2010 at 23:06.