PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2010, 12:30
Y0SSARIAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aircraft operating on the Australian AOC is a temporary measure only.

Just like JQNZ operating SYD-Nandi and the flight attendants operating out of BKK and SIN crewing the majority of JQ international and “domestic tag” flying on “regionally relevant” wages. Give me a break.

Reference to cut in remuneration is a blatant lie - do the maths...

JQ AUS (SIN BASE) A-330 CAPT base pay $120 000 SGD/1.28 (Xe.com mid-market rate)= $93 750 AUD base pay versus A-330 Wide Body Captain as per Jetstar Pilot’s EBA 2008 for year starting 1 Jan 2011- $180,871. 93 750/180 871(x100/1)= a 48.2% pay reduction. Almost 50%, in fact it would have been very close as stated by the author when the article was submitted and the exchange rate was $1AUD=$1.30SGD. So you do the math. And I stand to be corrected.

One route will be Australian - Singapore/Melbourne. The next planned routes are not.

Like SYD-HNL or CNS-NRT or virtually all Australian based international routes for the flight attendants. It is a lie, and the more I see of them, the more I hate lies. Do you think that it is “just one”? If that is the case, then you are as naive as you are blinkered. Alternatively you could merely be a management stooge justifying the unjustifiable for your own personal gain. Let the readers of this forum be the judge.

No, they just do it in a seniority based system because they think they know better than management, the Operations Manual and FCOMs...

So you refute the assertion that pilots that refuse to toe the company line are disciplined or refused promotion. So you think that Pilots with straight 4’s and 5’s will get promotion in your system if they question it? How many of management pilots in the said organisation are ex AN “mates” looking to feather their retirement? (No disrespect to all the great ex AN pilots trying to make the organisation a better place). The answer to this question my friend will be determined by far higher powers than ourselves.

Please name all of those people in the Third World who get paid just under $10,000 a month for doing absolutely no work, which is what this 'dreadful Singapore deal' guarantees.

Each and every one of the flight attendants who are being used to displace Australian employees from Australian flying and in the near future and each and every pilot “based” out of Singapore who is paid less than the Air Pilots Award 2010 to fly Australian Registered Aircraft on Australian routes.

Please Clockwork Droll, do your research and until then get back to your gardenia plantation until you have something more useful to say.