PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 24th Nov 2010, 10:19
Richard228

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Independent Article

Union leaders said:
All Andrea was doing was asking people if they wished to donate any money.
Was that "All" she was doing?

What was she saying to people who refused to donate? how was she reacting to other employees? what did she say when asking for money? was she criticising her employer in the workplace? and how did she act when management asked her to stop?

How did other employees feel when being publicly asked to support the sacked in front of their peers, to show support ot ortherwise publically when they want to keep their opinions private?

I dont know the answers to these questions, but there are always two sides to a story. As usual, BA do not comment on individual cases (quite rightly) so we are just left with the spin from one side (BASSA).

Tony Woodley:
I am urging you to intervene to lift Andrea's suspension immediately, failing which the consequences will rest entirely with management
So again, the trade union wants to go against the rules and regulations that they have negotiated..... one rule for trade union staff, and another rule for everone else?

If "All" Andrea did was shake a tin, then I would have thought she will get a slap on the wrist and will be re-instated.... but first the process (which the trade union agreed upon) has to be applied. And this means she is suspended pending a review of her actions, and those who were affected by it.

Quite how Andrea felt her actions of asking for money for sacked employees were justifiable, when it was in her workplace, from individuals who have possibly been bullied by those sacked members in the first place, and was done whilst being paid by her employer is beyond me....

Last edited by Richard228; 24th Nov 2010 at 10:28. Reason: only two spelling errors today!