PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2010, 05:44
wanna_be_there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"mundane" destinations such as PMI, LIS etc

Any growth from Easyjet at MAN will be good. LIS is also less mundane. bmi baby seem to be a bit half hearted to LIS, with just a 2 weekly summer service. Being a city route, it needs to be at least 5 weekly to make it worth while.

Personally, routes I would like to see (and this is my opinion, not what they should do)

Madrid: Its an unserved route from MAN, according to the routeshop, its got a large number of pax potential. Currently, LPL has the route, and is doing well out of MAN pax too as there is no alternative at MAN. There are bases at both ends of the MAN-MAD route, so could be done with an a/c from either base.
Im sure if Easyjet split the route between LPL/MAN, not only will it retain its pax, as they will have the new alternative, but may attract more pax who choose not to use LPL.

Lisbon: As stated above, bmi baby on the route, but its hardly a valiant effort. Also, with a new base to be built at LIS, as Madrid, an a/c from either base could be used

Istanbul: I believe this was previously rumoured once before, and the whilst I appriciate a lot of TK pax are transferring, the route does well at MAN. TK could focus on its connections, whilst Easyjet could focus on the city breaks and O&D.

Tel Aviv: It seems to have done well for jet2 at MAN, its gone from 1 weekly to 3 weekly, so there could be scope for another carrier to offer say, a 3 weekly offering (maybe not daily, as I believe Friday is a very slow day for Isreali travellers).

Amman: Use easyjet holidays to promote tours, then fill the rest of the cabin with O&D traffic. Low frequency, say 2 weekly?