PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 23rd Nov 2010, 18:49
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now the rules have been changed(funny that)
As has been stated the rule governing this particular 'spat' have not been changed. The aircraft Captain (the aircraft commander) has ALWAYS had and will always retain the right to move, seat, upgrade, downgrade, offload anyone onboard his/her aeroplance as long as the reason to do so can be reasonably justified.

The abject refusal was that certain groups within the company decided that the way the rule was worded made it illegal as it was tantamount to 'fraudulant' practice. The rule was never intended to be taken the way that it was interpreted but was used by many BASSA reps as a way to ensure that a 'barb' was placed within the Captains authority.

Thus the rule has been clarified to ensure that there is no more confusion although I, personally, have had some difficulties in making myself understood and have taken to carrying a copy of the clarified rule with me. Interestingly on one flight I found that a CC member had been moved from the back to the front without permission as they were a friend of the pursers. No mention had been made of it but, after politely discussing it with the Purser and explaining that it would have been better (legal) if I had been informed the Purser involved apologised, said that she would ensure that permission was always sought in the future. Her friend stayed where she was, I was content as was the Purser.

Just because there is a minority carrying around yellow pens, bags, ribbons and XXXX crewmember tags doesn't mean that we don't have to support one another during our day to day business irrespective of our viewpoints. Sadly the only members of the crew who I have found to be less than enthusiastic with working are those who took part in the action which achieved nothing. If we have to work then, when the wheels leave the ground, lets at least conduct our business with some common courtesy to each other.