PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA's pay offer!
Thread: BA's pay offer!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2002, 21:48
Notso Fantastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ornithopter- you're making my head hurt!
<<There is a shortage of us guys coming up - there is no one really in training (certainly cadet wise as the last couple of courses are nearly finished) and that means that our pay will go up in the next few years as it traditionally has. Don't be selfish - its coming.

Lastly, if you are so close to retirement - why worry? Oh yeah, you have a final year salary pension scheme....>>

You talk as if it will happen of its own accord! Not without a major amount of tweaking- which is what we are trying to do.

Your facetious last comment- my pension was fixed nearly 3 years ago. My 'final year' was then- I'm crystallised. No pay settlement would alter my pension one jot. I'm actually in this because of my disgust at BA pay rates for the likes of YOU! It makes little difference to me- if I get a rise, I won't have long to enjoy it. I would be FAR BETTER OFF NOT STRIKING myself, but I want to leave a valid career for people who worked incredibly hard to get qualified, not 3 weeks in Cranebank learning how to run a cabin. I'm beginning to wonder why I am bothering!