PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2010, 12:13
A. Le Rhone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clockwork Doll said "its a pity that he published misinformation designed to incite support of an opinion"

Sorry am I missing something here?

Is Joe Eakins' item not a coherent and restrained precis of the state of the industry in Australia at present?

An industry where numbskull managers are hell-bent on screwing everybody and savaging all expenses in order to climb the corporate ladder and fatten their own wallets via incentive bonuses. Where guffawing slaps-on-the-back by fellow 'titans of industry' far outweigh any social injustice or damage done. Where if treating everybody like excrement means I get invited to drinks at G.Harvey's place it will all be worth it? What a pathetic way of living life.

This nonsense is why unions, as unfashionable as they currently are after the extremes of the 60's and 70's, are vital.

And at the end of the day when you're about to set foot in the grave, I can't really believe that todays' "revered" hard-nosed CEO could feel good about his life for having so successfully screwed so many people for what is his own benefit. If as a CEO, that's your contribution to this earth then in my opinion you should be ashamed of yourself. And like a dag on the bum of a sheep, industrial 'advocate' clingons have even less to be proud of.

Joe Eakins may not make millions of $ in his life (although I suspect he is sufficiently intelligent that he will succeed at anything he does) but judging by the sentiments in his article he will sure as hell get more out of life than somebody who worships the almighty dollar to the extent that he will screw anybody and anything that gets in his way.

$$$$ are not the only yardstick of personal worth.

And if Australian pilots don't get organised and grow some collective cohones and unity then this type of obsenity will simply keep recurring.

Red-wine rant now complete