PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA's pay offer!
Thread: BA's pay offer!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2002, 21:31
ornithopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Notso - you seem to misunderstand me, I do not have a lousy job, and while it could be better paid, it is certainly not awful by any means. I am not trying to hang on to it and as for rocking the boat, I will if it needs it, but not so it capsises.

I know that other operators get paid more and I understand all of your arguments - by all means negotiate and get what you can, but pushing the boat under while you retire is just a selfish thing to do. Those behind you who do not have a final earnings pension or the pay that you have will lose their houses etc etc.
How would you like it if ten years ago a load of senior pilots pushed the company under and you had to go and fly seneca's or drive taxis? If your pay is that bad - do something about it, but don't kill everyone else off while you do it. I won't come and nick your car, even though its better than mine - please don't destroy my job because you look out of the window and see people being paid more than you.

There is a shortage of us guys coming up - there is no one really in training (certainly cadet wise as the last couple of courses are nearly finished) and that means that our pay will go up in the next few years as it traditionally has. Don't be selfish - its coming.

Lastly, if you are so close to retirement - why worry? Oh yeah, you have a final year salary pension scheme....