PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2010, 00:43
metrosmoker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few points for consideration.

Firstly, it is Tuesday, and apart from this site and JQ pilot forum, no mention of this anywhere. What is the mighty AIPA doing?

Secondly, after been constantly hounded to join a union over the last 6 months, an having joined about a month ago, I have to state the following. " You must join a union for your own benefit, cause the company will hang you out to dry and you need representation to prevent this happening". Well, old mate was in the union and they couldn`t stop this from happening.

Thirdly, did JE run the article by AIPA legal before sending it to the media? If not, then a silly move. If so, why didn`t AIPA advise him to remove his name. Could have kept his title at the bottom. Why didn`t AIPA submit the aritcle on his behalf? (I can hear some of the responses being typed right now. If AIPA did know about the article, they would certainly have know that it was going to light a fire.) I hope it was not a attempt by AIPA to highlight the very clear and correct issues affecting J* and the QF group, using an actually pilot and name which has backfired in a most extreme way.

Lastly, what are J* pilots suppose to do. We have been told constantly over the last few months by AIPA and the JPC President, what we can and can`t do legally (can do is a very short list and can`t do is a very long list). Now I am hearing calls to take action from what I can only assume are guys not working at J*. And then the JPC head, pleading with people to take no action. ( i haven`t heard one person within the company with a, 'call to arms', 'unleash the dogs or war', etc.) So the JPC calls seem a little clouded and confused.

Tell me what I should do, can do and what AIPA are doing?