PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 22nd Nov 2010, 15:26
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well,

Didn't Len get a good turn out. Not only do BASSA call IA on a majority of a minority even the parent Union can't motivated their members to vote on a simple little, non important vote such as the leadership. 100,000 votes from a membership of 1.4 Million? It beggars belief!

As for keeping identites secret, allegedly two of the sacked are due to postings they made under pseudonyms on a private forum. That is why many are now fearful even to post on private forums let alone a public one like this.
Just for clarification (I run a forum) as a forum operator you are required to keep a record of all members, their E-Mail addresses and their ISP/IP numbers. These information files must be made accessable to the relevant autorities for, I believe (or at least I keep them this long!) two years. That makes all posts traceable and all threats, libel etc, accountable. If you read the forum small print you will find it all there, anonymity doesn't exist.

The colour yellow was touted, originally, as a colour that could be used to 'define' those taking part in the strike. The 'call to arms' from BASSA for the Kempton/Sandown park meetings was to show solidarity and wear yellow. It was only afterwards that the idea of yelloow 'supporting' the loss of life at Manchester was used. That never was, nor has ever been the original purpose of the 'yellow' which enables those who took part to recognise each other in a way that the company cannot influence thus enforcing the 'them and us'. To take it as anything else is naivety.