PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TSA - Pilots to be exempt from scanners & pat downs.
Old 22nd Nov 2010, 13:19
StrongEagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLF here... you know... one of the poor bastids that has to put up with this stuff... and without me... and countless minions like me... you folks wouldn't get to fly the iron you do. </rant off>

What I don't get is this: If pilots can clear with ID, why not me? I fly regularly... and usually the same routes. Why can't I undergo 'inspection' and have my name in a computer as pre-approved? Why do I have to have a TSA individual, who clearly fits in the left side of the bell curve, 'assess' me for terrorist potential?

What are these TSA jackasses trying to accomplish anyway? It can't be security. They refuse to profile. They hardly touch cargo. They hardly touch luggage. Without going into details I know I could walk into any airport naked, board the plane naked, and still be a threat.

Why is it that security conscious countries like Singapore don't resort to this garbage, while the US TSA degrades the flying experience yet again?

National Opt-Out Day