PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BO 105 - Good, Bad or just Ugly?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2010, 01:06
Daddylynx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bolkow Performance

Hi there

I am looking for some advice on Operating the Bolkow in Cat A or nearly VTOL landing sites. The Flight Manual talks a lot about Cat B Ops, however we fly to over 100 different sites of which only a small handful could be described as Cat B (being airfields), the rest are small remote villages in the jungle/hillside (or both) and often involve 'a military style confined area approach and departure). The Book does mention this and also talks of retrofit kit which we dont have on our machines but I cant see how this might help anyway. I am looking to restrict our MTOW for these sites as per the performance graphs in the supplemement section which talks about CAT A and VTOL. But is there any other better rule of thumb for this. Not only are the areas restricted but as we are equatorial it is also very hot and humid. We are trying to preserve the more expensive components. Would be most grateful for any advice on this. I have a few thousand hours mostly maritime Lynx but so far still less than 100 on this beast.

Question 2.

When conducting an engine trend check it says both engines are operating but you test each engine in turn. I presume you split the Tqs a little (5%??) and do it that way. Yes or No?

Question 3

There may be an opening for one or two Bolkow 105 pilots here. Pay is not pop stars stuff but I think Ok. Flying is fantastic (I think) as is the expat life. Pilots would need to be rated on the 105 with a organisation the Malaysia recognises. Would need to sit Malaysian Air Law in the first instance but that is easily done and would then fly on a Validation for 6 months and then hopefully get a Malaysian CPL. The Job is EMS day VFR only. Anyone interested please reply to me here in the first instance. This is just really putting out a feeler.