PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA's pay offer!
Thread: BA's pay offer!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2002, 16:36
mainfrog2

Surely BALPA which you pay contributions to is there to represent your interests, if it isn't what are you paying it for.

If things are as bad as you say then the ONLY fault is with the union as most other areas, ie tug drivers, cabin crew, management by your account are walking off with sacks of money, maybe you ought to get BALPA to take a leaf out of BASSA and CC89's book.

If other airlines pilots have leapfrogged you in the pay and conditions terms whose fault is that.

The question to ask is have your conditions been eroded away by the company?, in which case I would imagine most of this was done with input from the unions, or have other airlines improved their conditions for their pilots to such an extent that you have been left behind, in which case maybe a bit of inter-airline communication in a bar one night may enlighten you to a few t&c's which are available.

Not so fantastic - you'd never see my payslip cos even wiv your own eyes my moneys my business and I'm not about to gloat or be gloated over by anyone.