PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Joe Eakins: Brave?....or....
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2010, 20:44
Dragun

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I disagree. I never applied to Jetstar because of the terms and conditions. I didn't think they were good enough and therefore did not apply. For the same reason, I turned V Australia down when they released their terms and conditions.

I wasn't on my high horse trying to make a point and impress my pilot mates whilst letting down my family etc., I just didn't apply for the same reason I don't apply for a job at Maccas. I feel my training and experience to date warrants better terms and conditions that that which they are offering.

Having said that, I can understand accepting a job, any job, if you have honestly exhausted all other options and have a family to feed and need income. I would make an educated guess however, that the majority of people who apply to and consequently go work for Jetstar, don't do it out of necessity. They do it because they want to fly a jet or be in an QF group airline and have the attitude "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em". If everyone just didn't apply - and I mean EVERYONE because it doesn't work with just some - then the pay and conditions would be better. That's a fact. Supply and demand is a force that will never lose its integrity.

There is no simple answer though. People have their reasons and all of us should respect individual choices, even if we don't agree with them.