PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK On Time Departure Performance
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2010, 03:30
my hands are tied

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote Gulf News :

"I am not blaming the lads and lasses at Dubai ATC (if you are reading this) because I know that you are just working within your restrictive remit. It would be helpful however if you were to give an estimated expected delay time when transmitting the clearance. This would prevent a lot of unnecessary transmissions and give the pilots some idea of the delay to be expected."

The big problem is that Dubai ATC does not allocate the Slot Times, UAE ACC do, and for the purpose of The Flow Control say into Muscat FIR ...1 a/c every 5 mins through TARDI basically means only 1 a/c every 5 mins from any of the following airports can get airborne irrespective of requested cruising levels :- OMDB, OMSJ, OMRK, OMDW, OMDM and OMAA, OMAM and OMAD. You maybe the only start up thru TARDI at OMDB, but there could be several a/c at any of the other airports of which we have no knowledge, thus making it impossible for us to accurately say if there will or will not be any delays.

And as pointed out the plus or minus 2 min tolerance makes it nigh on impossible with a mix of Med/Heavy traffic, other non flow traffic and dependent rwy set up.