PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA's pay offer!
Thread: BA's pay offer!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2002, 14:13
mainfrog2

Notso

I don't understand?

If your prepared to push the company that employs you under for a 10% pay rise then you will end up with 10% of nothing.

Striking is the last resort of an ailing (no puns) union because it has lost it's power.You have all allowed your union to permit BA to erode you t & c for too long. I think you need to look to your union as to why it has allowed your salary to slip in relation to other airlines over the years and not to why BA has taken advantage of a weak union. They're your contributions your paying and it's you your union should be representing not the company. I suggest you make your union fight your battle and not allow them to send you like lambs to a strike slaughter.

I feel sorry that pilots in general feel that they must resort to this because of intransigence on both sides(unions and company), but if the cabin crew union over the last 10 years has supposedly been able to secure very good pay and conditions for it's members you are all going to have to ask yourselves where you should point the finger.