PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Landing Techniques
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2010, 16:27
MISSED APCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger 738/3 handling

d105
Other than that the 800 is more difficult to land than the 300. The wings are flexible like plastic and at full flaps roll stability is terrible. Compared to the 300, the 800 is also very sensitive to ground effect, with frequent floaters as a result.
Could you please explain? are you a current 738 driver?I'm very interested in this, i hear that the 737 is very easy to fly in comparison to the md80 which is drive around town.
one thing i understand is that the systems are easier, and thats obvious, cause of the years and technology difference. but i want to know about the handling characteristics. since i started flying jet, i started on the md80 and i have to say this baby is a hand full. but its very satisfying in many ways cause it wont allow you to sit back and relax cause is some way or another you'll end up spilling everyones drinks and throw the cabin attendants around. Glad it hasn't happen too often. but stability at full flaps and high loads are awesome. it handles like a charm. aft-limit CG might be a tricky landing, but taking notice of it in every landing, and predicting the handling will result in a very satisfactory landing. making this an awesome plane! I wonder what the 727 is like to fly