PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2010, 15:10
fl dutchman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skyman771.
I have no problem with your comments re EDI/catchment you are quite correct. Was just trying to ballance the view of NCL vs EDI as an airport

Re Easyjet I note that the number of flights this winter is probably not much different to last when there were 5 aircraft not 3 as at present. So the better efficiencies reffered to by the Chief Excec are probably valid, as last winter the aircraft utilization was poor.
However that does not apply to next summer where there must be about 40% cut in capacity. So does that suggest they didnt make any money last summer hence the cut back in the coming summer. If they did make money last summer surely they could have kept capacity about the same by basing 5 aircraft just for the summer or by flying W patterns from other bases to supplement the 3 based aircraft..
I think Skyman771 is correct re jet2 getting its foot firmly in the door incase someone pulls out. Unfortunatley that is quite possible the way things are going although I hope not. If they were committed to NCL, going from 7 to 3 based aircraft over the last few years and almost no new routes is a funny way to demonstrate that. Of course the Scottish factor may be big factor in the decision, but it does not seem to affect Jet2 decision to expand or TCX bringing in aircraft 4.
We will probably get a better indication about Easyjets future plans when they release winter 2011/12. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Still looks like STN ends in March, anyone heard anything?.

I do think someone will announce Rome for next Summer shortly !!.