PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 18th Nov 2010, 15:04
Slickster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a 3 sector day we will have said hello and goodbye to about 400 people, we will have been talking to each other for 9 hours and already have the small talk and life stories out of the way, some of us will also have had numerous adhoc conversations with our customers about their life stories as well. In fact part of our job description is 'chat'. After all that chat, what we crave sometimes is a bit of peace and quiet. The thought of coming out to a noisy or smoky bar, that we have been to a dozen times, with your good selves and making more small talk is sometimes (not always) just too much. Add in the fact that many shorthaul crew are mums with young families and perhaps the lure of the quiet hotel room and a bit of room service is not so stra
Ottergirl,

I fully appreciate your stance. Indeed, being a bit of a "thinker" on occasions, I came to exactly the same conclusion. Some CC want nothing more than to get away from the public, and have some peace and quiet, having dealt with them all day, whilst us pilots have been "locked up" all day, and like to get out. Having done the CC role (albeit briefly) I fully appreciate the need to escape sometimes, and find some "downtime". And of course, for some it is "me time" away from a hectic home life.

I don't take it personally, and indeed was always grateful to hoover up all the free beer vouchers going begging in JFK!