PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2010, 14:13
wanna_be_there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skipness

I do apologise as I rember reading the report long ago, seeing MAN in a top 10 list and assuming it was the money making routes.

It seems RYR are cutting down the MAN route, but when EI offers such good fares and more frequencies, its not such a loss.

In other news, it seems a few different people at the airport are being told that:

EY are 'expanding operations' next year, but dont forget they are getting shiney new cargo aircraft soon so, it could be cargo expansion.

Jet airways arriving April 2011 (BOM tranfer figures are up on the DXB/FRA routes, so maybe they want a piece of the pie). Jet have already set up a ground station at MAN for diversions, maybe this is the next step?

Theres also a rumour that PHL could be going double daily for the summer 2011 season (seasonal upgrade?). The MAN-PHL route does very well, its an A333, has business contracts attached and loads usually hover around the 85-95% mark. Maybe this upgrade will use a B757 (if there are any spare)

They also say EL AL are comming may 2011, but personally I dont know about that one, as Im sure I read an article from the EL AL CEO stating that the Dynamics wernt quite right for a MAN route (jet2 however, have increased to 3 weekly long since that article, so maybe its causing EL AL to change their minds?)

ANyone heard anything more?