PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian DGCA Licence
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2010, 11:45
mercy 320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DGCA

Update.I did call the DG himself and he has made it very clear that DGCA wont be able to issue an Indian licence for me " foreign national " Even though I have an OCI .
He is happy to issue me FATA which is the Licence issued for the foreign nationals who wants to work in India .

Now for the RTR/FRTO issue WPC has not issued the RTR as of yet.They have given a letter of intent saying once the security clearance has come from the Home ministry they will issue RTR and has given an NOC to DGCA.

It has been more than 12 months this running around and still no luck.
Thats why I have called the DG himself. He was very honest and told me that DGCA wont be able to issue the Indian licence for a foreign passport holder.I did also ask him about the others who may have got the Indian licence.He said that is very unlikely to happen.

I can go and visit him at his office and its just going to cost me more in travel and other expenses and he wont be able to do anything apart from he can issue me an FATA licence which is for foreign pilots.

Now from the company point of view ,now that DG has said this I am of no good to them as they wont be able to upgrade me on FATA So today they asked me to look for job somewhere else.

so in short I cant work in India with out an Indian Licence.
many many years ago I had a ambition to become a pilot Like many of you i also took that journey in the early 90s .Spending more than 30 lakhs and no job at the end was the situation confronted after completion in the mid 90s.But somehow that journey took me to 4 continents and flying experience.Finally when the aviation started to develop and I decided to come back to my country where I was born where my grand parents ,great grand parents all have lived and died .

I did not want to jump the queue .So I also went and did what many of my fellow pilots did.Study and pass all the exams , the medical Class1,Also did all the requirements like the 5 years the 300nm,120nm,250nm general flying test day night everything as per the DGCA.

One thing I have not done so far is that BRIBE anyone.

During the growth in India I heard from the Indian President asking the Indians who have gone overseas to come back to india and contribute to the growth of the country.

jai hind