PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 18th Nov 2010, 09:56
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Hyflyer,
I agree totally with you.

I have spoken with many Flight Crew recently and told them how upsetting some of the posts on pprune are.

The reply I have got from ALL of them is that, it is a certain type of pilot that posts on pprune, particularly the cabin crew thread and to take NO notice because you get good crew and bad crew and most pilots will judge you on how YOU perform.

I come on here, to read things that I would otherwise have no access to, as I am no longer in the union and I am badly affected when I read all this stuff about how great MF is and how wonderful it is not to be working with us but after speaking with my flight crew colleagues I now just skip over these unhelpful posts.

Mixed Fleet has only been going for just over a week and they are bound to be extremely keen to please. I know in my heart that I give a great service to our customers and that I have a great working and social relationship with all the pilots that I work with and that's what matters. The fact that some of them want to come on here and tar us all with the same brush is sad but I am not going to let it bother me anymore because they are a very small minority out of thousands of great flight crew who DO enjoy working with us. So I recommend you do the same, just skip over them.

As for all this bad feeling and bullying, I am personally not seeing it. I do see the odd yellow pen and at first it did upset me I but have found that, despite having a yellow pen, they have been very good cabin crew and have been lovely to the passengers and professional in their job, so I have just decided to ignore the pens and accept that although I don't agree with their views, they have a right to a different view to me and I just let my crews get on with giving good customer service. Which, in my experience, is what the vast majority of BA cabin crew do despite us being demonised on here.