PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 18th Nov 2010, 09:07
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This dispute was originally about imposition - of one crew member off an aircraft. That's it. The majority of us didn't support the union. I personally voted no last year, left the union and crossed the picket line, several times.

We were lauded for doing so. Everyone spoke about how fantastic *the crew who worked were, how immaculate our uniform standards are and customer compliments and satisfaction improved enormously. Ww and bf wondered around crc saying they would have to find a way to recognise crew who came to work. To date, they haven't.

Then MF started. Suddenly there seems to be an all out war on current crew. Sloppy service, sloppy uniform standards, lazy, sullen blah blah blah. Judging from the posts on here I detect that the enthusiasm for MF is more about their enthusiasm for going out down route, than their professionalism in the cabin.

Well if we are that bad, why didn't ww address it all a year ago? Why didn't he introduce a uniform check in the briefing and performance targets?*

The 80 percent of us who came to work have relied on our flight crew colleagues enormously throughout this dispute. I said months ago that they were an absolute rock of support to us. I did a flight last week - all strikers plus me plus two vcc crew. How can we focus on uniform standards and more importantly the customer when we are having to play peacemaker and diplomat extradoinaire amongst the crew? I looked then and will continue to do so to my captain and fo for support and also laughter or else I would go mad.

So please stop this all out war on all things cabin crew. We are not legacy crew- we are your colleagues who respect value and need your support no more than ever. We don't want recognition for Backing BA - we want to be valued and respected for the job we do.
And I don't call you Nigel or flight deck so please don't call me legacy.
I have absolutely no idea who she is.