PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian DGCA Licence
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2010, 08:07
nikaviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shanx has a point, the DG is misinformed regarding OCI so are many people in the Government, please explore it, as even in the education arena reserved for Indian nationals like IIT and medical schools oci and pio's can get in. Don't let him put a glass ceiling over you.

OCI are to be treated in parity with NRI except in certain arenas, and getting a CPL is not one of them.

I heard about a p.i.o holder who sued a medical school and got his kid in. If you don't get it, get a lawyer, sue them if you must. There are clear provision in the MHA, and I read somewhere that PM has eased the rules allowing doctors plus other professionals to convert their licenses and work in India

OCI and PIOare like a green cards, green card holders are allowed to work in the u.s as pilots. You can't work in Nacil, coast guard IAF... but you are allowed to work in private airlines.

I know someone with an OCI who has his CPL license, I don't think he will be phased out anytime soon, he got it by quoting the rules for OCI with the previous DG. BTW the DG won't be here for long, he's getting a promotion as secretary of aviation or something I read it in the news, hope the new guy will be more informed

Good Luck man, don't give up.