PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus crash/training flight
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2010, 02:42
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone should have.... And USE MANUAL PITCH TRIM appears on the PFD so is easy to see and read...
No, not with 50 degrees of bank and many warnings already on. The pilots haven’t seen it, even the guy in the middle hasn’t seen it and as you give simulator you know well how the third guy is always suddenly so much 'smarter', you can see so much more by just seating on that third seat.

We can discuss HF of course and we HAVE to, but the BEA report is all about it already, but a lot evasive on the technical side : Where are the acceleration data ? They played a crucial role in the absence of forward auto trim when the captain was pushing on his sidestick, they played a crucial role too on the way the airplane was limited in the final maneuver.
Have you seen those data ?
Give me a reason why they’re not published ?

I’d like to see also the FO sidestick inputs … don’t tell me he was brave enough not to touch it …

To be honest, I’m getting tired of that constant attitude from the BEA to protect Airbus :

Page 16 of its report, the BEA dares to write:
Between 15 h 04 and 15 h 06, angle of attack sensors 1 and 2 stopped moving and remained blocked until the end of the flight at almost identical local angles of attack and consistent with the cruise angle of attack, without the crew noticing it.

It is obvious that this expression aims to release Airbus responsibilities where we should read :
without the crew being informed
That is intellectual dishonesty ! henrimarnetcornus.20minutes-blogs.fr