PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 17th Nov 2010, 22:17
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would just like to add a few things.

First off good for those of you on here (especially SCCMs) who are saying they don't stand for any Bullying&Harassment. The atmosphere in the CRC and the tension from some crew can be VERY intimidating, as Tiramisu etc have said. It is very sad how it has come to this, really it is! Feelings and emotions are high, people from BOTH sides have very strong opinions - fair enough, but unfortunately some delight in creating an awful atmosphere. I hope we can repair this as a community soon! My feeling is, whatever happens with future strikes/no strikes/offers we get - is it will take a long time!

Secondly, I know there are some ex-temps and crew who are now on MF and I say good luck to you if you are starting and hope you are enjoying it if you have started. You do look smart in the CRC.

One thing though, is there are a mixture of strikers/no-strikers on here, however for ANYONE on Eurofleet/Worldwide (and I suppose LGW too but to alot of people they lump LGW in with MF!) it is not helpful to see comments from pilots who say they prefer MF - bring it on, they are much better than us, they are much better at their jobs etc etc.... We are ALL crew no! And I would like to think the majority of EF/WW crew are professional and do a good job - it is certainly my experience anyway. Yes, we have SOME crew who look scruffy, yes we have some crew who are complacent, and don't care but you will always get that!!! ALL airlines have that problem!

Also the tranfer of work from Mixed Fleet is a worry for most of us on current fleets. So I do find it rich that many people on here ''find it reasonable to want crew to work for only 2-3 years'' or ''£1100 a month is acceptable as other airlines pay it'' (my friends at some other airlines get more than Mixed Fleet and they are Main Crew!!) or our salaries are ''overinflated''. I'm sure you guys wouldn't like it if you had your job berated all the time and the wages you earn. So just a bit of respect is being asked from us EF/WW crew. Rather than being called overpaid and being treated as burdens as we want a career rather than a gap year job!

Hopefully the tension will lift soon. I am always professional as I always think most crew are, lest CRM be affected (although CRM is not all fluffy and being nice and hugging each other - BUT a barrier to good CRM is ineffective communication - hostile working relationships, bullying and harassment does restrict free communication somewhat)