PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 17th Nov 2010, 16:28
ottergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Juan Tripp

So here is the problem. There are many many Miss M's around and there is nothing it seems we can do to get rid of them. I personally have had enough. In the new year, I'm not messing about with these people any more. I have a good reputation ( apparently) so I'm not phased by these b******s ( sorry Mod) any more. The main crew that want to mess about with me with their yellow pens and crap will be no more. Don't get me wrong, I will do this properly and professionally. I have always trodden on egg shells when it comes to IFA's, worried about this and that, and when I have dealt with problems, have been sadly but understandably let down by some CC managers. But I feel the tide is turning and I for one will move up a gear or two.
I reached the same point as you a couple of weeks ago and I have not been messing around either. I have had a complaint about me already but I think that goes with the territory. To be fair, there haven't been too many times that I have needed to give any feedback and, in the last couple of days my crews have been outstanding both in terms of uniform and attitude. Yesterday I was looking at the Eurofleet standby crew who piled out of CRC to watch the McFly concert and had to admit they all looked pretty good - certainly McFly thought so! Lets manage the few bad apples so that they realise the only way forward is to raise their game!

One thing that is not helping is the Uniform stores refusal/inability to replace worn out items. It's much easier to look smart when you have a brand new uniform than once it is a few months old and is shiny and saggy. Telling a crew member that his shirt is grey and him saying that he's tried and can't get any replacements is most frustrating.