PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 17th Nov 2010, 12:32
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In simple terms which hopefully even the most entranched die hard union member will understand...having operated a flight this week with my crew being new fleet....without hesitation I can say that atmosphere/enthusiasm/professionalism of the whole new fleet crew was exemplary.

ALL highly experienced and motivated ex VS/BMI

A refreshing change and looking forward to BUD and the rest:
Flap80

The majority of cabin crew who post on this cabin crew thread are non-striking and hardworking. We have years of experience between us which I know includes EF, WW, MidFleet, Concorde, Recruitment & Selection, Training and VIP crew (with hats!) amongst other things. In addition, many of us are ex-nurses, ex-police, ex-ambulance service, ex-groundstaff, and other equally valid professions.

I would be interested to know what examples you can give then, on a shorthaul flight, to show that the "atmosphere/enthusiasm/professionalism" of Mixed Fleet differs to that that we give onboard to compel you to post that on here?

I would also like to say that I find it deeply concerning that it appears you have already segrated the two fleets by viewing it as "refreshing" (without giving any evidence of why) and are "looking forward" to your next flight with MF. If professional pilots, who I have the utmost respect for, start to "dread" the "legacy fleets" and "look forward" to the Mixed Fleet flights then we should all be very worried indeed about the state of CRM within our company.

What on earth has happened to us all?