PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 17th Nov 2010, 12:01
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry Tiramisu, but if you had to point the group out, they can't have been that intimidating. Why point them out? Why not just ignore them? It seems to me that the two groups are actually feeding off each other and keeping the tension artificially high. Could it possibly be that BOTH sides are a little oversensitive at the moment and possibly seeing things that aren't there on some occasions?
jetset lady,
Far from it. Being over sensitive is something I'm not as I've had to develop a skin thicker than most having been on the receiving end of some pretty nasty stuff during this dispute. No one 'sees and looks' for things that are not there.
Most of us get on with job and serve our customers in the way we've always done, that is what we are there for at the end of the day and that is my priority.
In doing that you also have to motivate and inspire your crew to work with you to deliver excellent customer service.

However, if malicious untruths are being spread about you which turn the people you work with against you, than the job gets a little harder.

I'm not going into detail about bullying and harassment here, there have been endless examples and definition of what it entails. It was simply an observation on my part at the time and couldn't help pointing it out, that's all. As it happens, I did ignore them.
The attitude I have is now one of a zero tolerance to any childish juvenile behaviour from anyone regardless of who they are, whichever side of the fence they are.

Just to add that as an in charge crew member, I recognise excellence from anyone who exhibits such behaviour and performance, and have completed more 'bravos' in the last few months than I have for years.