PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian DGCA Licence
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2010, 11:26
mercy 320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indair,Challenger,VF,Jazbag

Hi guys thanks for your input.

I was able to write the exams because I had a computer number issued in 1991.So when I applied for the exams I did not have any issue.

I have been working in commercial aviation for the past 14 years.Now that the airlines in India have made it a norm to have Indian licence for First officers to work.

I work on FATA with an Indian company.Now the company have told they wont keep anyone on FATA so I have to have the Indian licence.
so I did went and passed all the exams and Indian medical.now with all the paperwork as per the DGCA conversion I have applied for Indian Licence.

Now the problem is that i dont have an Indian passport But I have an OCI.
According to DGCA OCI is not like an Indian passport and I also had to agree to that when i spoke to the DGCA because

OCI = overseas Citizen of India .

DGCA has blindly said that they are happy to issue me a licence But Not the Indian ALTP/CPL only FATA Because according to them I am a foreigner even though I was born in India and also hold an OCI I still dont have an Indian Passport.

Now to get an Indian Passport for an OCI it takes 5 years after the issue of OCI out of that 5 years you have to be in India for 1 year and the other formalities as per the application process that means 2014.

Now by the time the passed papers all would have expired and also the medical.

I know many of you have heard or know people who have done it they must have had heavy contact at higher level.

I am an ordinary citizen just coming from the street so dont have anyone up at higher levels.Th only thing I have is a clear record and have passed all the exams studying hard.

I have spend a lot of money to go back and get flying done in the C172,PA34,A320 and at least 9000US$.
Only to be told by the DGCA that sorry Indian Licence cant be issued.

If anyone could PM me with the contact of guys who have done it would be very helpful.

All welcome to chip in for ideas