PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 17th Nov 2010, 11:11
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do know that this is not going to be popular and I'm not sure how to word it without causing offence but feel it has to be said.

We are constantly being told how bad it is up at LHR. Strikers claiming they are being intimidated by non strikers/the company and non strikers claiming they are being intimidated by strikers. Accusations of bully and harrasment are being thrown about like confetti. And then I see comments such as ....

Today, one of the worse days so far in terms of disruption, CRC was heaving with these macho types who think they own BA.

I saw Ottergirl today and had to point out to a group of them who were at it with their usual intimidatory tactics.
(my bold)

I'm sorry Tiramisu, but if you had to point the group out, they can't have been that intimidating. Why point them out? Why not just ignore them? It seems to me that the two groups are actually feeding off each other and keeping the tension artificially high. Could it possibly be that BOTH sides are a little oversensitive at the moment and possibly seeing things that aren't there on some occasions?

I know. I'm LGW. What could I possibly know? Well, I can say that during SEP at Cranebank recently, I was chatting to crew from both sides of the dispute and had no problems at all despite making it abundantly clear that I did not strike. I do appreciate that it was just one day out of the year but if it's really that bad, surely I would have seen something? Or felt the tension?

I don't deny that there are some nasty people about, probably on both sides of the fence. But I do think they are in the minority. And I do think that SOME people, again from both sides of the fence, are actually looking for anything that can make them feel offended or intimidated. (That's not aimed at you, Tiramisu.) And so the whole circus rumbles on and on and on, fueled as much by perceived "slights" as it is by concerns for the future.

Tin hat on...