PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF17 to Argentina Turnback
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2010, 06:23
MrWooby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7378FE: Probably the most stupid thing passengers say is " that's the last time I fly QF, from now on I will fly with XXX". You know what, you go and fly Emirate's, Singapore or Cathy and you will get the same thing happening there also. Delays, turnbacks etc happen to all airlines. Its part of flying. If you really want to get somewhere for a critical meeting you need to allow a few extra days in case your flight gets delayed. I've been flying for 30 years and I would not rely on ANY airline to arrive as scheduled, there is just so much that can go wrong. Most passengers read the papers and see the ridiculous reporting about Qantas, they assume wrongly that other airlines always depart on time, and never breakdown. Do some research before you change airlines, Think about the Emirates 340 that came ever so close to being Australia's worst aviation accident, or the one out of Joburg that nearly failed to get airborne. Also think about the Singapore tailscrape out of auckand, or the Singapore 747 that took off from a notamed closed runway, hit earthmoving equipment and killed about 80 pax.