PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian DGCA Licence
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2010, 04:20
mercy 320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indian DGCA Licence

Fellow pilots in India

I am looking for answers from pilot community in India for the following questions.

I have recently applied for the Indian DGCA licence based on my Foreign Licence.I passed the conversion exam Reg and composite,did my Indian Class 1 medical and all the requirements according to the DGCA CAR for the Licence conversion.

I have been told today by the DGCA that I cant get the Indian licence because the Indian licence is only issued for Indian nationals who has an Indian passport.I can only apply under FATA and the new rules on FATA from month of December 2010.

I was born in India and have an OCI card and I allways thought that it would be enough for Indian licence.

I was today informed by DGCA that having OCI does not mean that you will be considered as an Indian citizen. Its a big misunderstanding in the aviation industry and DGCA is making it very clear to applicants.

I have heard from people that many have got lndian DGCA licences in the past through contacts .even though they dont have an Indian passport.

I appreciate and welcome any information to this matter