PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 16th Nov 2010, 22:34
Entaxei

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Surprise

With that blast from the past from Amicus, the following is part of a posting on the 11th (634) - re the influences at work on the union side;

"Hammer & Sickle boys, in the form of Jerry Hicks - seems to be gaining quite a base in various branches of Unite and possibly elsewhere, including Amicus/CC89, on what seems to be a base of pure rhetoric and has no relevance to/or intention of relying on/or needing members votes for taking action. Wants a strike - political power.

BASSA Branch Secretary and Chairman - desperately hanging onto power in order to keep their income coming in, until they can retire with a union pension at the earliest possible moment, appear not to place any importance on the needs and wishes of their members/reps and have no intention of arriving at any form of agreement with BA. Started as normal power demand now appears to be personal gain, but hates WW - will sabotage any attempt."

Subsequently had a posting exchange with 'Safety Concerns' which I am certain is a troll cover for Duncan Holley (636-639), which ended with the response;

"You can all say what you want it makes no difference. Until bassa members either hand in their membership cards or call for a vote of no confidence in the leadership, everything is fine and dandy.

I would like to tend to my tomatoes but I am too busy preparing for a xmas strike."

Sound Familiar? - and we're all worried about hats?

With all the determination from the union side to wreak BA, I can't see any way forward, other than a wildcat strike taking place at Xmas, which will have no effect on BA's operation, and BA being forced into firing all striking CC, which is of course the cause celebre that the union forces are after - but that will probably have no other effect than ridding BA of all malign employees in one fell swoop - game over.