PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 16th Nov 2010, 22:11
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do?

Betty and the hats

Before I go into my main topic, I would like to say I TOTALLY agree with Bettygirl on this subject. I wrote to Bill Francis recently regarding this and made the following points.

1) One of the biggest if not THE biggest complaint in
this company is a lack of consistantcy. Here we are
proactively going out of our way to make a divide between
the current fleet and the new one. What will the customers
think when a small number of crew are seen walking through
T5 wearing a hat and yet both the ground staff and current
crew dont. The same can be said about boarding the a/c.

2) I find it strange that we allow our current staff both
on the ground and in the air to have ALL sorts of uniform
standards. Would it not have been better to sort out our
own house first and then move onto the new fleet. I'm
sure there are many of our current female crew who would
like to wear a hat but are denied.

3) Finally has anyone actually thought about how this
will no doubt provoke situations happening in the current
climate. I'm sure if things are said for example to a
mixed fleet crew member, it will quite rightly be
reported, but do we need MORE problems at this difficult
time?. I was on Mid fleet in the 90's and can tell you
there were situations happening regularly from the other
fleets that we as SCCM's had to deal with.

Personally its being perceived by many non strikers in
particular that its a bit of a kick in the teeth to alienate the
crews so much straight away. I know its the beginning of
something very differant, but it seems to a lot of us who
support BA in the present crisis, that we are now second
class crew. I'm SURE thats not the intention but thats the perception.

Now back to my main point.

I have to be honest and say that I'm feeling pretty low at the moment - probably the same as many crew. The problem as I see it, is that this could go on for years IMO. Only the other day I spoke to one militant CSD who TOTALLY went along with what DH says. They just spouted the same old rhetoric/myths/lies/crap and subjective nonsence that Mr. Tomorite does. In fact he was even worse - I know thats difficult to believe but its true. At the end of our 'convesation', I said the inevitable. ' So you HATE WW, HATE the LT, HATE Bill Francis, HATE the VCC's, HATE the temps, HATE the pilots, HATE any managers in BA, HATE the scabs, HATE corporate greed, ( these were his words), so do you not think its time to leave and find something else to do. His reply was, ' You have to be joking, I'm going to milk this company for everything I can get, do as little as I can and go on for as long as I can' !!!!!!!!!!!

Then there was the conversation I overheard from a well known purser on EF who had a VCC on his crew, and was going to make it VERY difficult for them in the briefing room. Lo and behold they were offloaded just minutes later.

So here is the problem. There are many many Miss M's around and there is nothing it seems we can do to get rid of them. I personally have had enough. In the new year, I'm not messing about with these people any more. I have a good reputation ( apparently) so I'm not phased by these b******s ( sorry Mod) any more. The main crew that want to mess about with me with their yellow pens and crap will be no more. Don't get me wrong, I will do this properly and professionally. I have always trodden on egg shells when it comes to IFA's, worried about this and that, and when I have dealt with problems, have been sadly but understandably let down by some CC managers. But I feel the tide is turning and I for one will move up a gear or two.

Finally the reason I'm waiting a few weeks is that I'm hoping that TW gives Bassa their strike. Then hopefully WW will push the nuclear button, because as far as I'm concerned Bassa need to be totally eradicated from this earth once and for all.

I apologise if this is all a bit 'subjective' but quite simply I've had it with these 'co-workers' once and for all. I feel this is 'car crash TV', and I'm the fireman called to sort out the mess. I have been on the personal end of Bassa's abuse for years, and I'm hoping that 2011 will move us ALL on from this mess.

RANT OVER AND OUT!

Last edited by JUAN TRIPP; 16th Nov 2010 at 22:26.