PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 16th Nov 2010, 14:33
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They will leave in their droves when other airlines start advertising and they have had their taste of flying... doen't sould llike good business to me.
And go where exactly?

Ironically the business model points to the low time/financial cost to train CC and the lack of necessity to retain crew on a long term basis except those crew the company wish to retain as FTC or the CSM based upon their performance management. This, in the long term, significantly reduces the cost overheads associated with incremental payscales and the attached NI and pension contributions. The company is actively looking at an increased turn around of crew which will be to the benefit of the customer in the long run as fresh, enthusiastic crew work the aircraft instead of an aircraft full of older, disguntled crew who can't get the same pay for any other job anywhere else.

As I have already said previously the MF crews have been excellent so far (early days but the outlook seems very positive for the future) but then so are the vast majority of our usual 'legacy' crews. The biggest difference from my point of view is that, in disruption, I don't have to pussy foot around the BASSA 'laminated card/Rabid Reps' and can concentrate on getting our paying customers to their destination. Hopefully the days of the CC being on more restrictive working practices than the FC are well and truly over. 48hours local diversion rest anyone?

Does that make better business sense to you?