PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 16th Nov 2010, 13:57
blue____

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ice and slice,

you have said that once other airlines start recruiting, crew on MF will leave.

Other airlines ARE recruiting. Flybe, easy, ryan etc. Why would someone go there since they pay less? Plus most of the MF crew are ex crew coming from those or similar airlines.

One thing we should all remember, is that those crew are happy to have a PERMANENT job, in an environment that they are not bullied, harassed or discriminated, and they can come and do their trips having fun and not spend their rest in the bunks crying.

I don't know which contract you are on, but people who have been around, know that BA is the best place to be, regardless of which contract they have. The only thing that makes people's life hard in BA are the militants.

Now if you are referring to middle eastern airlines, well this option is applicable to certain people only, and as the climate in those airlines is similar to the climate they have experienced when they were doing their temp contracts, many people would avoid that.

Mixed fleet is the "happy fleet" at the moment and for as long as this will be the case, I don't think anyone will go anywhere soon. I know that maybe not everyone is happy on MF, but I can only say that from MY experience, most of the CC are or at least look happy. What will happen in a year, is something we will all have to wait and see.

Yellow dog, you are absolutely right. I am very often on a LGW flight on staff travel and I have always admired your standards. And my only question when chatting with the crew was "why every time I am on a LGW flight, the crew seem genuinely happy?" Now that I have joined MF, I think I have found the answer!

Thanks Yellow dog and keep your standards high!

Last edited by blue____; 16th Nov 2010 at 14:17.