PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai Approach, what is going on?
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2010, 21:46
Aeroflop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't they land 2.5nm apart at Heathrow.
The sad thing is, some of these guys come from these here parts...whats happened???

Maybe if you had advised no longer able to comply with the aforementioned speed restrictions (which, I assume, you had read back and thus accepted), there would have been no excuse for any "sarcastic remark" and the whole situation would have been avoided! Then again, I guess it doesn't bother you that the following traffic has to go around due to your non-compliance with an atc clearance.
Nothing to do with crap vectoring then ha??? I'm sick to the teeth of seeing poor approach controlling at DXB. Pilots are blaming the ACC for the delays because we control the holds....I think the pilots should be at the ACC, not at DXB to get the real picture!

A friend in Abu Dhabi and some pilots I know told me that Dubai is having problems with their "too much" vectoring?
Are they short of ATCOs?
....no. Just short of some good atco's!!

Dubai APP does a good job given the constraints/diktats/orders imposed on them by the GCAA in the manifestation of the "Gruesome twosome" aka the pot bellied Danish cartoon character and his muppet, the DANS.
....in fairness. The ACC has been trying to push AMAN on DXB for over a year now without much response. AMAN might not be perfect but at least its a start!

Dubai`s two rwy`s are too close together to be operated independantly,
....not true. Have a look at some of the ops in the US. Quite impressive!