PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 15th Nov 2010, 15:35
Richard228

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
latest BASSA coms

Goodness me! what a load of political feet stamping!

there are many points one could discuss from this, just to isolate a few...

They represent the worst excesses of Capitalism
Hardly, employing child labour in third world countries with no health care is what I would classfiy as the "worst excess".

Employing staff with nice salaries, and pension plans, is hardly the "excess". Indeed does the fact they are striking over current T&C's show they want to retain this "worst excess"?!

hired because he is willing and able to say and do absurd things
He was hired as the best man to do the job. If they wanted someone to "say and do absurd things" they would have hired Russell Brand.

Where are the profit sharing schemes for ordinary employees in BA?
BASSA rejected the BA offer of a share scheme for employees, denying them the right to share in company profits.

Dont point the finger dear BASSA, merely look in the mirror.
overturned by the friends of Capitalism in the High Court
Oh dear, No one likes a bad loser! Is this an accusation from BASSA that the high court justicies are biassed?

If only BASSA and its members read the courts rulings they would not find bias, but merely black and white evidence of how BASSA got things wrong.
using High Court judges to bust unions
oh dear, the high courts, dear BASSA, are used to uphold the law. If you fail through the courts it is because your case did not stand up to the scrutiny of law.

If you had a good case you would have won. You didnt, and you lost.

Are you prepared as decent people to allow this dictatorship in a democracy to continue?
There is no dictatorship dear BASSA. Like all CEO's Mr Walsh can be held to account and fired at any time by the shareholders or the board.

The fact is that they actually like what he is doing, and have appointed a successor who will pursue the same maanegement course.

Oh, and the vast majority of other BA employees also agree with him.

So what do we have now?

A cry to continue the strike action to dismantle the capitalist empire? do BASSA members realise their careers are being linked to such rhetoric I wonder?