PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Studio 88 Aviation
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2010, 12:51
VS -1500 fpm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all

Let me try and explain. The lady owner you are reffering to is HOT! . We are 6 partners in total, 4 of them silent. We started this with the idea when we could see towns in SA strugling to find a reliable service to and from them. Mafikeng and Margate Link pulled out, and the people were crying for a service. What we do is we charter an aircraft from variuos operators on Lanseria at full charter rate and then act as a seat broker. Once we have chartered the aircraft, we take the risk of the full cost regardless of the number of pax. Some you make money others you dont, it is a gamble. The contract of carriege is between the operator and the passenger and is explained on your confirmation of your seat. For example, we spend R900 000 a month with just one operator! Its good for everyone! Lets stop complaining and start flying more, hows that one for an idea To let you all know, that we are in process with our aplication for our own AOC, and yes, we will then stop just being a seat broker. Any further questions can be directed to me and I will try and answer as best I can.