PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 14th Nov 2010, 14:42
Tray Surfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a quick Hello!

I am BA short haul crew... Love my job, love meeting all you lot when you are onboard...

I was a member of BASSA till November last year. I did, at first when this all started to brew, go along with what was being said and think that many of the points were valid. After the intention to strike over Christmas was made known, I resigned from the union. I just could not be part of something that would have ruined so many peoples time with family and friends. I then started to question what was happening and at that point decided I could no longer be part of it.

I made my decision to leave the union and as part of that, not strike. I am pleased that I made my decision and have stood by it since. I feel sorry for the vast majority of crew who have been lead up the garden path. We, the crew, are nothing more than pawns in a game between Ms. Malone, Mr. Holly and Mr. Walsh, and I do not want to be one any more.

I adore my job and worked hard to get the job with BA. I missed having face to face contact with the public in my last job and now absolutely love working onboard, and even in the terminals when walking to aircraft, I often will stop and ask if someone needs help when they look a bit lost.

I just want to get on with things. I wish Unite/BASSA would sort them selves out and stop holding us all to ransom, not just the other crew, but everyone else in the company, and the public who fly with us.

TS